Sunday, June 15, 2008

Video Distributor failure


Few months ago, I got a cheap video distributor. Video distributor it is the core of the processed video to be streamed. The signal comes out from the Video Mixer to the the Distributor, and then from the distributor goes to the different servers and monitors we have on the studio. Well, long story short, last Sunday I noticed a little blue color on Troy's face and the supposed blue background was green... out of phase. After a fast review we found the problem. The Impact Acoustics video distributor. A good friend of mine once told me, cheap is more expensive than good. I was able to experience that, so over the amount I paid for the cheap one, now I added the cost of the new one, plus the time to find a good one... I ordered an Extron DA 6AV RCA EQ . We use Extron product on the video production room for several years with no complains. Finally is good to remember that cheap, is always that... cheap.

No comments: